- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 can (7 ounces) kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups prepared salsa, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic 2-3 minutes.
- Add beans, corn, cumin and 1/2 cup salsa. Cook 3-4 minutes, coarsely mashing beans with back of spoon.
- Spoon 1/3 cup filling onto each tortilla; roll up.
- Spoon 1/2 cup salsa into 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish. Arrange tortillas seam side down; top with remaining 1 cup sauce.
- Cover and bake in 350ºF degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover; top with cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Yields: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Total Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 34g